Michael J. McDaniel
Born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 1968, Mr. McDaniel has accumulated more than thirteen years of experience practicing before the trial and appellate courts of Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri and at both the state and federal level, as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
Mr. McDaniel has devoted his practice since 2001 to Employment Law, including the defense of claims involving background screening, wage disputes, termination, alleged discrimination, alleged sexual harassment and alleged retaliation. He has also gained significant experience litigating cases and helping clients avoid litigation in the following areas of practice: Insurance Law; Business Litigation and Commercial Law; Products Liability and Construction Law; Medical and Nursing Negligence; Healthcare Regulatory Compliance and Risk Management.
Mr. McDaniel received both his undergraduate and law degrees from The University of Tulsa, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Based upon his academic performance, both degrees were awarded
Mr. McDaniel is a member in good standing of DRI, the leading organization of defense attorneys and in-house counsel in the nation. He serves as member of both the organization’s Employment and Labor Law Committee and its Medical Liability and Health Care Law Committee.
Mr. McDaniel has authored scholarly articles that have been published in the Oklahoma Bar Journal and the Valparaiso University Law Review. Reported opinions from courts in Kansas and Oklahoma have also resulted from Mr. McDaniel’s legal briefing and argument.
- Employment Discrimination and Retaliation
- Health Care: Contracting, Payment, Regulation, Risk Management and Compliance
- Medical and Nursing Negligence
- Insurance Law
- Business Litigation and Commercial Law
- Products Liability
Admitted to Practice:
- State of Oklahoma
- State of Kansas
- All federal trial courts in Oklahoma and Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- B.A., University of Tulsa, cum laude
- J.D., University of Tulsa College of Law, with honor
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Past Chair, Oklahoma Bar Association’s Health Law Section
- Past President, Oklahoma Health Lawyers Association
- DRI, Employment and Labor Law Committee
- DRI, Medical Liability and Health Care Law Committee
- Robinett v. The Haskell Company, 12 P.3d 411 (Kan. 2000);
- Saffa v. Oklahoma Oncology, Inc., 405 F.Supp.2d 1280 (N.D. Okla. 2005);
- Stallings v. Werner Enters., 598 F. Supp. 2d 1203 (D. Kan. 2009);
- Cooper v. Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc., 781 F. Supp. 2d 1177 (D. Kan. 2011).
- Constitutionality of Oklahoma’s Commitment Scheme for Incompetent Criminal Defendants, 70 OKLA. B.J. 2989 (1999);
- Note, Regulation of Human Cloning: Implications for Biotechnological Advancement, 32 VAL. U.L. REV. 543 (1998)